Architectural foam columns are made from expanded polystyrene, which has the appearance of stone, is durable like stone, it doesn’t decay like stone, but isn’t stone, and cost much less than stone or any other product used to construct architectural columns.
Benefits of Foam Columns
- Foam columns are a beautiful alternative to any wood, stone, or other construction material. Once again is not even half the price of any one of those materials.
- Foam columns are water-resistant; the higher the density of foam you use, the more durable the foam is, and the more resistant to weather conditions it is (sun, rain, snow, etc.).
- It doesn’t rot like wood would, or erode like stone. It’s lightweight but highly durable.
- Pests also cannot ruin foam columns; it’s a non-organic substance therefore is impervious to pest.
The cost of constructing a foam column is significantly less than it would cost to build it with concrete, or other building materials. Not mention that the look is far better with foam columns, which can be done with various profiles and designs.
Foam Columns comes in various shapes & finishes
Here is the foam columns page of our own catalog, please note that we can fabricate, deliver and/or install for you. In case you want to see our entire catalog you download it on PDF here.
You can also have Foam Columns Caps and Bases made to order, here are few samples that is also located in on our catalog. Just like any of our architectural foam moldings, you can have your columns caps & bases in several finishes…
Foam Columns Maintenance
In case your foam columns ever needs maintenance after we install it on your property; or lets say if for any reason you would like to change the looks of your entrance altogether, the price of redoing the foam columns still wouldn’t reach the price of installing another material like stone or wood only once. Like Styrofoam, foam columns do not degrade, therefore they even last longer than this other materials.
Installation process of foam columns is also much faster than the traditional columns. It doesn’t take a whole crew to move foam columns into place; that means less installation hassle, smaller crews, less engineering work, and much lower overhead costs.
Client Review on Our Foam Columns Installation
Wrapping it up, remember foam columns can be customized into many different shapes, including round, square, spiral, fluted, and tapered shafts, and multiple different base and cap designs.
At New Foam Design you can choose from various crafted shapes, sizes and finishes texture, and it’s perfect for those who want full customization choice over their housing projects.
If you feel you are ready to take your property to the next level, please call our office (954) 917-4406
Additional Foam Products available to Homeowners & Contractors
- Fiberglass Mesh with Glue 38″ 4.3oz – 475 sf.
- Fiberglass Mesh 38″ 4.3oz – 475 sf.
- Base Coat – BA 100 50lb Bag
- Lanco – Crack Filler Siliconizer – Ultra white Interior/Exterior
- Red Tape – Red Stucco Tape – 2″ x 180′
- Window Blue Film – Short term 30 to 45 days 21″ x 600′
- Enerfoam Can (Gun) – 30oz
- Enerfoam Can (Straw) – 24oz
- Total Wall – Synthetic Finish – Freestyle
- Total wall – Synthetic Finish – Shot Blast Fine